Skip Navigation

Search Charities Database

The Minnesota Charitable Solicitation Act, Minn. Stat. ch. 309, requires charitable organizations that solicit or intend to solicit contributions from Minnesota residents in excess of $25,000 to register with the Charities Division of the Attorney General’s Office. Charitable organizations that hold at least $25,000 in charitable assets, known as charitable trusts, are also required to register with the Charities Division. The law exempts certain organizations from registering with the Attorney General’s Office. You may find information about exemptions here.

You may use this page to search for charitable organizations that are registered in Minnesota. Registration does not constitute approval by the Attorney General’s Office or the State of Minnesota. While this page does not currently provide access to electronic copies of documents filed with this Office, you may find an organization’s electronic documents, including IRS returns, at, a free information service about charities and nonprofits. If you would like more information, you may call the Charities Division of the Attorney General’s Office at (651) 296-9412 or (800) 657-3787.

To search for a registered charity, please enter your search criteria below. Enter data into any field. The program will search for any charity containing the text for the specified data entry. If you are having difficulty finding an organization, you may wish to use fewer search terms to obtain a broader range of results. For example, if you cannot find an organization named “Jane Doe’s Organization,” you may wish to enter the name “Jane” or the letter “J” to expand your search. (Remember, some organizations may be exempt from registration as noted above.)

If you believe that an organization is soliciting funds in Minnesota without being properly registered with the Attorney General’s Office or is engaged in questionable activities, please report it to our Office by calling (651) 296-9412 or (800) 657-3787, or by submitting a Nonprofit/Charities Report form to:

Minnesota Attorney General's Office
1400 Bremer Tower
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101

Search by:

Organization Name:

Organization EIN (no dashes):

(Name OR EIN, NOT both, if a EIN is entered it will supersede all search criteria)



IRS Form 990 "Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax"
While certain charities are required to file an IRS Form 990, under the law, not all charities are required to file a copy of the IRS Form 990 with the Attorney General's Office. The Attorney General's Office website does provide certain information excerpted from the IRS Form 990 regarding charities that file with this Office. To obtain a complete IRS Form 990 on a given charity, you may wish to contact Guidestar, which provides free information on the programs and finances of more than 600,000 charities and nonprofits.