Minnesota Attorney General's Office
1400 Bremer Tower
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
M - F 8 am - 5 pm
The Wildcat Sanctuary Assurance of Discontinuance
SUMMARY OF ASSURANCE OF DISCONTINUANCE
WITH THE WILDCAT SANCTUARY
The following is a summary of certain terms of the Assurance of Discontinuance with The Wildcat Sanctuary (“TWS”), a Minnesota charitable organization, filed in Ramsey County District Court on April 22, 2014:
I. BOARD GOVERNANCE
II. FINANCIAL GOVERNANCE
- Only appropriate person(s), designated by the Board, shall have access to, handle, record, and deposit cash and checks on behalf of TWS.
- More than one person shall receive, record, deposit, and account for individual donations.
- All bank accounts shall be reconciled on a timely basis.
- Procedures shall be established for tracking or coding contributions, grants and other funds restricted for certain programs or services.
- All checks over $500 shall require two signatures, including one from a member of the Board.
- Procedures shall be established for tracking and coding all petty cash transactions.
- Written procedures shall be established to ensure the accuracy of solicitations and information to donors.
- Written procedures shall be established for reporting, correcting and disciplining for violations of internal financial controls procedures.
III. THIRD PARTY MONITOR
IV. ADDITIONAL OVERSIGHT OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
V. EXAMINATION AND REPAYMENT OF PERSONAL EXPENSES
VI. ADDITIONAL COMPLIANCE WITH MINNESOTA LAW