Minnesota Attorney General's Office
1400 Bremer Tower
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
M - F 8 am - 5 pm
Home Sellers Handbook
There are many reasons for moving. Maybe you got that once in a lifetime job offer or your family is growing and quickly running out of space. Maybe you want to relocate to a new neighborhood or find a house with a bigger backyard.
Whatever reasons influence you to sell your home, you have some important decisions to make. People often feel overwhelmed not only by the complexity of selling their home to a new owner, but by the surge of emotions they feel leaving their home. This guide offers some sound advice, as well as important information about selling your home in Minnesota.
Meet the Klines
Jim and Cindy Kline knew it was time to move when they began tripping over Jimís endless stacks of books, Cindyís tasseled lampshade collection, their growing family of pets and each other!
Meet Ellen Bower
Ellen Bower decided to move when she got a phone call: "Ms. Bower? This is Tom Jackson at the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington. Can you be here by September 4th? We want you to be our new national mosquito expert."
By following the Klines and Ellen Bower as they sell their homes, youíll have the opportunity to learn from their success ó and their mistakes!
- Pros And Cons of Being A FSBO ("For Sale by Owner")
- Tips For FSBOs
- Hiring A Real Estate Agent
- What Listing Agreement Should You Sign?
- What Should Your Agent Do For You?
- Have A Complaint About An Agent?
- Easy Improvements To Increase Your Home's Value
- Hiring A Contractor
- Why Not Start High?
- Pricing Tip
- Should You Offer Financing Help To A Buyer?
- What If Your House Doesn't Sell?
- Reviewing The Offer
- The Arbitration Agreement: To Sign Or Not To Sign?
- What Does Your Buyer Need From You
- When Should You Schedule The Closing?
- Do You Need A Closing Agent?
- What Will You Pay To Close?
- What Can Go Wrong?
- What Can You Do?
- Moving Out