Attorney General Office's CLEs
Questions about AGO CLEs? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Attorney General's Office is hosting Continuing Legal Education (CLEs) via live webinar. There is no charge for these Office CLEs, but pre-registration is required.
BIAS IN IMMIGRATION LAW
Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m.
This program will cover bias and prejudice in the administration of justice in Immigration Law. Covered Immigration programs and rules will include: (1) DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or “Dreamers”), (2) Public Charge Rule, (3) U.S. Refugee Program, (4) the “Muslim Ban”, (5) Asylum, and (6) the Southern Border.
The host is Chief Deputy John Keller, and speakers are:
- Mackenzie Heinrichs and Kathy Klos, attorneys, Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- Micaela Schuneman, Refugee Services Director, International Institute of Minnesota
- Deepinder Singh Mayell, Executive Director, James H. Binger Center, University of Minnesota Law School
The Office has applied for 2.0 Elimination of Bias credits, Minn. Event Code No. 360545 (pending).
You must register to attend this free live webinar. To attend the CLE, click the following link:
Click the "Register" button, fill out the form, then click "Submit." Once you register, you will receive an email with event details.
Accommodations for a disability can be made available upon advance request. To request an accommodation, contact Clara Atkinson at email@example.com.
On Demand Courses
The Attorney General's Office has made the following courses available for On-Demand credit approved by the Minnesota CLE Board:
- NEW! Data Practices and Open Meeting Law Update
1 Standard Credit
Minn Event Code. No. 330507, through October 27, 2022
- Election Law for the Non-Elections Attorney
1 Standard Credit
Minn Event Code. No. 328390, through October 13, 2022
- Bias and Hate Crimes: Efforts to Prevent and Respond to Injustice
3.75 Standard Credits and 2.0 Elimination of Bias Credits
Minn Event Code. No. 317734, through August 11, 2022
- Ethics for the Public Lawyer
Total of 3.0 Ethics Credits
Minn. Event Code. No. 272374, through June 24, 2021
- Race on the Brain: Addressing Implicit Bias and Racism in Legal Contexts
Total of 2.0 Elimination of Bias Credits
Minn. Event Code. No. 274119, through May 17, 2021