Manufactured Home Parks
Table of Contents
The following is a table of contents for the Manufactured Home Parks Handbook. You may click on the headers for more information on that topic.
This handbook explains the Minnesota laws concerning manufactured home park residents and park owners. A right or privilege guaranteed by law cannot be waived. For specific advice or assistance, residents and park owners may contact the organizations listed here, or a private attorney.
- Licensing and Bonding of Dealers and Manufacturers
- Building Codes
- Tire and Axle Scam
- Compliance with Health Regulations
- Storm Shelters and Evacuation
- Drains, Water Supply, and Lots
- Tenants' Remedies Act
- Requirements of a Rental Agreement
- Serving Notice
- Reasonable Rules
- Unreasonable Rules
- Changes to Park Rules
- Substantial Modifications to Park Rules
- Illegal Rules
- Illegal Fees
- Legal Fees
- Actions for Which a Resident May Be Evicted
- Defenses to Eviction
- Right to Redemption
- Eviction Proceedings
- Parks Cannot Retaliate
- Park’s Approval of a Buyer for Residency
- Safety Disclosure and Repairs
- Removal of a Home After Repossession
- Notice of Sale
- General Resources
- Conciliation Courts
- Legal Aid Services
- Refugee, Immigrant, and Migrant Services
- Minnesota State Legislature
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Minnesota Association of Community Mediation Programs
- Forms Required by State Law
- Notice Required by State Law
- Notice of Compliance Form
Home Buyer's Handbook
Buying a home can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a lifetime — and one of the most stressful. But buying a home doesn’t need to be a headache. In fact, with a little preparation and the right attitude, it can even be fun.
Home Seller's Handbook
Whatever reasons influence you to sell your home, you have some important decisions to make. People often feel overwhelmed not only by the complexity of selling their home to a new owner, but by the surge of emotions they feel leaving their home. This guide offers some sound advice, as well as important information about selling your home in Minnesota.
Door-to-Door Home Improvement Scams
Maybe your neighborhood has seen the scam: an unknown salesman travels from house to house offering to fix up homes or driveways at rock-bottom prices. What scammers never tell you is the "catch": if you pay upfront, they may run off with your money, leave the work undone, do shoddy work, or overcharge you in the end.
This brochure is intended to be used as a source for general information and is not provided as legal advice.
The Manufactured Home Parks Handbook is written and published by the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office.
This handbook is available in alternate formats upon request. The Minnesota Attorney General’s Office values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.