File a Complaint

The Attorney General’s Office welcomes complaints from constituents on a large variety of matters. If you have experienced a consumer problem, we want to hear from you!

The Office has several forms available that you can fill out to report complaints. Information about each form is available below.

Available Forms
Consumer Assistance Request Form English Español Hmong Karen Somali
Fraud Report Form English        
Minnesota Tenant Report Form English Español     Somali

Please provide as much information as you can. Attach copies of any relevant documents, such as bills, contracts, canceled checks, correspondence, or advertisements. Do not send us your original documents.

Reports from constituents help us to:

If you have experienced a consumer problem that doesn’t seem right, we would like to hear about it. Even if we have already started a lawsuit, information from consumers may provide important evidence for our case.

COVID-19 Related Complaints

Although the COVID-19 peacetime emergency has ended, you can still report concerns to our Office.  If you believe you were the victim of price gouging (before July 1, 2021), a COVID-19-related scam, or other fraudulent practices, please submit a report to our Office by using the Consumer Assistance Request Form.  If you have concerns about an unlawful eviction before July 1, 2021, or another landlord/tenant matter, please submit a report to our Office by using the Minnesota Tenant Report Form.

Consumer Assistance Request Form

If you need help with a consumer problem, such as unsatisfactory service, bill disputes, mortgage servicing or foreclosure issues, utility shutoffs or other concerns and would like the Attorney General’s Office to contact the organization on your behalf, please use our Online Consumer Assistance Request Form.

The Consumer Assistance Request Form is available in:

Fraud Report Form

To report a fraud or scam, please use our Fraud Report Form.

Minnesota Tenant Report Form

The Tenant Report Form is only for tenants in Minnesota who want to report a concern regarding their landlord. The Minnesota Attorney General’s Office cannot respond to all reports it receives but will use reports to identify potential violations of Minnesota law and monitor emerging problems occurring in the marketplace.

If you need help paying your rent visit or call 211 to see if you are eligible for financial assistance from the State’s COVID-19 rent assistance funds.

The Minnesota Tenant Report Form is available in:

Filing a Complaint

You may request help resolving a problem with a business or report fraud to us using one of the forms listed here. We strongly encourage you to file your complaint using our online complaint forms as it is the quickest way for us to receive and process your complaint. 

If you prefer to submit your complaint by mail or anonymously, you may download our printable Consumer Assistance Request Form or Fraud Report Form.  We ask that you enter the requested information into the form using your computer before printing it, which helps us process complaints in a more timely fashion. Please include as much information as you can on the form. After you have printed the completed form, please sign and date it, attach copies of any relevant documents, and mail it to our Office at the following address:

Office of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 1400
St. Paul, MN 55101


If you have questions about whether you should send us a report about a particular business or would like our assistance in filling out our Consumer Assistance Request Form or Fraud Report Form, or have questions about which form to use, please call our Office at (651) 296-3353 (Twin Cities Calling Area) or (800) 657-3787 (Outside the Twin Cities), Monday through Friday. Please remember that we are not authorized to give legal advice to or act on behalf of individual constituents in private legal matters (e.g. wills, child support, divorce, criminal proceedings, etc.) If you need assistance in contacting a private attorney, see our publication Hiring an Attorney for information.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have been victimized by a crime, you should contact your local police or sheriff’s department and county attorney.  The Minnesota Legislature has given these agencies the authority to investigate and prosecute criminal matters.